All items purchased online come lovingly packaged by one of the GH team. Orders are shipped Tuesday-Friday. Kindly note orders received before 1pm will be packed on the same day (where possible).
All parcels shipped within Australia are sent via a trackable service with a courier. Delivery times can range between 1-5 days however most parcels are received within two days. Please ensure all address details are included when making your purchase including business name if applicable. Please be advised a re-delivery fee may be required in some circumstances if address is incomplete. We offer shipping Australia wide and to most locations internationally.
Where possible a business address is preferred to ensure successful delivery. If opting for a residential address please ensure someone is home to receive the delivery between 9am and 5pm.
Send us an email at email@example.com if you have any queries at all.
All of our jewellery is lovingly handmade in our Melbourne studio. Our small team of jewellery makers work with a range of metals, so here is a quick guide to each of those:
- 925 Sterling Silver: This is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% silver and 7.5% of other metals (usually copper) to increase the strength, hardness and to reduce tarnishing.
- Gold Plated 925 Sterling Silver: Gold plated sterling silver jewellery has a layer of gold electrically deposited and bonded on to the surface of the sterling silver, creating an outer layer. The plating will wear down over time to reveal the sterling silver underneath, but read below for some care instructions that will help your jewellery look its best for as long as possible.
- Rose Gold Plated 925 Sterling Silver: Rose gold plated sterling silver jewellery has a layer of rose gold electrically deposited and bonded on to the surface of the sterling silver, creating an outer layer. The plating will wear down over time to reveal the sterling silver underneath, but read below for some care instructions that will help your jewellery look its best for as long as possible.
- Gold Filled: Our gold-filled jewellery has had gold chemically bonded to the base metal, making it more durable finish than a plated piece. It is more water durable than plated and the finish will retain for up to 30 years, if cared for properly.
- Rose Gold Filled: Our gold-filled jewellery has has the gold chemically bonded to the base metal, making it a much thicker and more durable finish. It is more water durable than plated and the finish will retain for up to 30 years, if cared for properly.
- Brass: Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc, giving it a beautiful yellow colour. Brass has a special way of oxidising over time, where a "patina" of black, blue and green is normal and gives unique charm to a piece.
- Gold Vermeil 925 Sterling Silver: Our gold vermeil jewellery is similar to our gold plating, but the gold applied to the sterling silver is 14ct and applied in a layer that is 2.5 microns thick
- Rose Gold Vermeil 925 Sterling Silver: Our rose gold vermeil jewellery is similar to our gold plating, but the rose gold applied to the sterling silver is 14ct and applied in a layer that is 2.5 microns thick
- 9ct, 14ct, 18ct Gold: Carats indicate the proportion of pure yellow or white gold compared to other metals in the gold. 9ct gold contains 37.5% pure gold, 14ct gold contains 58.5% pure gold and 18ct gold contains 75% pure gold.
- The more gold carats, the harder and more durable (and more expensive) the jewellery with be, but all 9ct, 14ct and 18ct gold is classed as fine jewellery and is appropriately strong and durable to be worn everyday for a lifetime. Scratches will appear over time, but 9ct, 14ct and 18ct gold jewellery can be refurbished and maintained so the piece continues to look beautiful for many, many years.
Most of our jewellery can be made up in a 9ct, 14ct or 18ct gold, just get in touch for a quote
Care & Warranty:
Please note that our Bespoke rings are made in a standard size. One re-size is included in the price of the ring. Further resizing will incur a fee, and some rings may not be able to be resized more than once. If you are selecting a ring for a proposal or a gift and are unsure of the size, please purchase the ring in the standard size and we will resize the ring once it has been gifted. This gives the receiver the opportunity to exchange the ring if the style isn't suitable, and we can ensure a perfect fit.
Once a ring has been resized it is unable to be returned or exchanged.
If you are purchasing an engagement ring to propose with and you are unsure of the correct size, please order the standard size and we will resize the ring after the proposal. Proposal resizes must be done within 21 days of the date of purchase, resizing after this period will incur a fee.
Geneine Honey Bespoke Jewellery uses Australian ring sizing (alphabetical). To ensure you order the right ring size for your finger, we recommend purchasing one of our Ring Multisizers to size your finger at home, available to purchase here. Please send us an email with a photo of your finger wearing the Ring Multisizer, so we can ensure your ring is made in the correct size.
You can also visit us in our North Fitzroy store and we will size your finger to ensure that the ring we make you is a perfect fit.
Most of our pieces are ready to ship, but in some cases we will need to make your item to order. Merri rings with stones and signet rings with stones are made to order, so allow 2-4 weeks. For out of stock 9ct gold jewellery please allow 2-4 weeks. For bespoke and 18ct rings please allow up to 8 weeks. If you have a shorter timeline, please get in touch to find out if we can accomodate your timeline - we always do our best to meet these.
We also love to recycle and remodel old diamonds and gemstones into new jewellery that you’ll love. We know almost everyone has some beautiful stones sitting in a piece that you just don’t wear, so please get in touch to see if we can work some magic for you.
We also offer refurbishing services on Geneine Honey Bespoke Jewellery items. We can re-plate most styles for between $20-$30 depending on the size. Send us an email with a photo of your piece that needs a little extra love, and we can let you know what we can do!
While our jewellery is handmade to a high standard, we understand that sometimes fine jewellery can sustain a little damage. We are able to fix or replace chains (among other repairs) on Geneine Honey Bespoke Jewellery items, so send us an email with a photo of your jewellery, and we will let you know what we can do to bring it back to life! We do offer a 6-month warranty, where faulty jewellery is repaired for no charge, but outside of this period, there are capped fees for repairs.